Our goal is to provide year-round employee support for all things benefits. With Totem’s Benefits Service Center, we deliver high-touch, concierge engagement, enrollment, advocacy, and communication solutions in-house. We’re there when you need us — in an average of 30 seconds — and leave no questions unanswered. The best part? Each of our representatives handles a small number of clients, so nothing is ever scripted, and we’re always able to give the best benefit enrollment services.
Here for open enrollment.
Benefits Engagement + Enrollment
Get access to benefit enrollment services that help you be there for everyone.
Our benefits specialists are trained to educate, counsel, and serve. Here’s what we also offer:
- Bilingual support is available
- Real-time benefits administration system access for seamless and efficient employee support
- Extended service hours available
- Customer-specific messaging
- All calls are recorded and continually reviewed for quality assurance and training purposes
- Our service center receives an annual SOC 1 audit (SSAE16 – Type 2)
- Customized client reporting on employee interaction data is provided
- We can support any employer initiative using our bilingual employee outreach via phone, text message, and email.
- Some examples of our proactive outreach include new hire welcome calls, benefits education calls, and wellness education calls.
- We provide our clients with a mobile-optimized online benefits administration and enrollment system as well as telephonic enrollment support for Annual Open Enrollment, new hire enrollments, and qualifying life events.
- Our Benefits Service Center provides how-to enroll instructions, benefits education, completion of enrollments, and website navigation.
- We help our clients surpass their active enrollment objectives using a combination of inbound and outbound employee support. For example, we make outbound calls for new hires who missed their enrollment window.
- Your enrollment data is carefully reviewed for accuracy. We provide employee outreach for confirmation of elections and collection of missing information.
- Our Benefits Service Center provides year-round employee support for:
- benefits questions
- claims questions
- eligibility inquiries
- website navigation assistance
- We strive for one-call resolution for all employee inquiries. When appropriate, we facilitate conference calls, including the employee and the insurance company for resolution.
- For complex questions and claims appeals, we work on behalf of the employee to resolve the inquiry as efficiently as possible.
- We work with our customers to develop a custom communication strategy.
- We offer the right combination of simple, employee-centered digital, print, and text messaging based on employee demographics and culture.
- We provide client-branded mobile-first benefits, as well as a website including benefits education, resources, links, and documents.
“When you meet somebody [like Totem] that cares about your employees as much as you do, it’s refreshing. It’s so awesome. They just go above and beyond.”Director of Human Resources, Private Sector Employer
“The difference with Totem is the people. When you call into the Benefits Service Center and you speak with someone, you speak with someone that truly cares about you and the system being successful.”Director of Benefits, Public Sector Employer
“We know Totem as the Benefits Service Center, or BSC. The BSC serves our employees by providing phone calls and outreaches in multiple languages across multiple time zones.”VP of HR, Fortune 500 Manufacturer
“The BSC serves the HR business partners around the enterprise with their needs for their employees and most importantly our benefits team to help build, deliver, and execute on our benefit plans.”VP of HR, Fortune 500 Manufacturer
“We hope you’ve seen this challenging work as highly rewarding because you’ve helped a lot of employees get through open enrollment successfully. More importantly, you’ve helped employees protect their families and plan for their future financial security.”Director of Benefits, Fortune 500 Manufacturer