Why choose Totem as your benefits broker/consultant?
Bottom Line: We provide more services and value than our competitors at no fee to your district. In additional to consulting, we provide high-touch concierge employee support, benefits administration system technology with comprehensive benefits administration, and employee communications and engagement through proactive employee outreach. Our clients never question the value of their benefits broker/consultant.
How can we help your school district?
- Imagine having an advocate who is an early adopter of innovative products, a tenacious negotiator, and an outside-the-box thinker. That’s Totem.
- Not only do we enjoy advocating for school districts to enable them to provide every employee with the best benefits experience at the most competitive cost — but we’re really good at it.
Year-Round Employee Support
- With Totem, your employees have access to concierge, year-round support for all things benefits through our local, in-house Benefits Service Center.
- We are non-scripted and deploy highly customized communications based on your desired messaging. Services include but are not limited to enrollment, benefits questions, claims inquiries, State Health Benefit Plan questions, and outbound call campaigns.
- What’s unique about our service center? In addition to in-bound support, we provide proactive outreach via text message, email, and phone to meet employees where they are and provide education and exception service. The service center is customized for the employer, with a dedicated phone number, greeting, and hold messaging. We communicate all desired client messaging, even if it’s not related to benefits.
Technology & Benefits Administration
- In addition to providing our clients with a personal and high-touch service model, we utilize a state-of-the-art benefits administration system and manage all aspects of benefits administration, freeing up your benefits staff to focus on more important initiatives. We do it all! We even handle end-to-end ACA employer reporting.
- The client-branded enrollment system is web-optimized for optimal mobile device performance, providing your employees with an unmatched user experience. Our administration services include things like custom payroll and balance reporting, data integration with the HRIS system, and management of eligibility data with carrier and vendor reporting.
- We don’t force a system change. We’re system agnostic. We can enroll, administer, and provide employee support in any ben admin system.
Communication & Engagement
- We develop a communications strategy specific to your district’s goals, objectives, employee culture, and demographics.
- Our technology, Account Management, and Benefits Service Center teams work cohesively to deliver a flawless message to your employees using a variety of media: email, phone, mobile text message, web, and mail.
- We provide and manage a mobile-optimized benefits website with custom branding, “Help” feature with email support, and links to the enrollment platform.
“We consider Totem to be an extension of our benefits team — our employees rely upon the Benefits Service Center and call on Totem to assist them with various benefit questions year-round.
They provide much more than enrollment assistance for us. Due to the recent pandemic we had to come up with a different game plan (other than meeting 1:1) for meeting with our new hires.
Totem was instrumental with helping us create an online enrollment video for our prospective new hires and reaching out to new hires to assist them with their benefit elections. With Totem's assistance, we converted from an in person new hire meeting set up to a virtual one in a matter of days.
We can always count on Totem to help us brainstorm creative solutions to various issues that arise. For example, when the ACA requirements were introduced, Totem was right there to assist us with meeting the federal reporting requirements timely and accurately.”Director of Employee Benefits, GA Public School District
Resources to read (and share).
CHRO Champions: Best Practices in Healthcare Procurement with Chris Deacon
Totem Awarded as an Inc. Magazine Best Workplace for Second Consecutive Year
Healthcare Trends Hurting Employers
Totem was recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the Best Places to Work in 2021.
Our Employee Net Promoter Score (eNPS) is 92 — which is unheard of in our industry. An ePNS is employee survey market research that measures employee satisfaction. And our loyal and satisfied employees are committed to providing you with the kind of service you can rave about.