HR has more influence than any other position in an organization. They have access to all the data and are having conversations with everyone from the CEO to the janitor on a daily basis.
It becomes crucial, then, to make sure HR is using that influence in the most effective way possible:
- Proactively driving change to address the current labor crisis
- Making sure the company’s workforce provides a competitive advantage
- Addressing the challenges of employer-sponsored healthcare head-on
We speak with Dr. Wade Larson, Chief Human Resources Officer at Wagstaff, about workplace retention, behavior changes in regards to health care, and the value of HR becoming business savvy.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- HR has no authority in the workplace BUT has total influence.
- Most people who don’t like to change, unless it’s their idea. This is where HR can add value.
- Your people are not coming back to work, it is time to act now before it’s too late.
- If you don’t know the rules when it comes to healthcare, you will lose.
To hear more episodes like this one, subscribe to CHRO Champions on Apple Podcasts , Spotify , Google Podcast, or wherever you listen to podcasts